Raynaud’s disease was identified in 1862 by a French doctor named Raynaud. When the blood vessels of the fingers and toes overreact to the stress or extremely cold temperature, it is called Raynaud’s phenomenon. It makes the fingers and toes feel numb. The color of these parts of the body can turn into blue or white for a short period of time. After 15-20 minutes, the fingers and toes turn red and then they return to the normal condition. Usually, it is not a serious medical condition and can be cured easily. However, in some cases, reduction in blood flow can cause problems in the human body. Ladies are prone to get this disease more than men. From young to old, people of any age can get this disease. However, usually this disease does not attack people below 15 years of age. This disease might occur due to the utilization of some strong medicines used to cure some other diseases like cancer, high blood pressure, migraine etc. people using vibrating tools such as jackhammers can also be affected by this disease. In any case, it is wise to consult a doctor if any symptom related to Raynaud’s disease is observed to avoid any kind of complex situation. Allopathic medications and Ayurvedic treatment for Raynaud’s disease are easily available in the market.
There are two types of Raynaud’s disease, they are as follows:
- Primary Renauds’ phenomenon which has very mild symptoms. It has no connection with other diseases. It is more common than the other type of Raynaud’s phenomenon. Approximately 1 in 10 people suffer from this kind of medical condition.
- Secondary Renaud’s phenomenon which happens because of some other diseases. If it happens, the connecting tissue of the human body like the rheumatoid arthritis is damaged. This kind of disease is not very common but more dangerous than the primary Renaud’s disease. Even gangrene, skin sore etc. conditions might occur as the tissues and cells of the human body die because of this disease. Approximately 1 in 100 people suffer from this kind of medical condition, i.e., it is not as common as the Primary Renaud’s disease. Usually it occurs to the people having age of above 35 years.
The most common symptoms for Raynaud’s phenomenon are:
- Cold toes and fingers
- Change in the color of the toes and fingers
- Numb and prickly feelings in fingers and toes and sensation of pain during warming those body parts.
Ayurvedic cure for Raynaud’s disease concentrates on correcting the imbalances in dosha. The Ayurvedic medicines cure pitta and vata dasha in the blood vessels of the human body. there are several external Ayurvedic therapies available to cure this disease, which are as follows:
- Rakta mokshana or bloodletting to improve the blood circulation
- Perisheka in which medicated liquids are poured to decrease the numbness in the fingers and toes and to improve blood circulations in those parts of the body
Some of the effective Ayurvedic tables to cure Raynaud’s phenomenon are KaisoraGuggulu, Mahamanjishtadikashayam tablets and Balaguducyadikashayam tablets.